OFWI has launched a petition to help save the lives of Christians and Yazidis in Iraq & Syria. Click below to add your support: http://www.onefreeworldinternational.org/help-save-yazidi-christian-minorities-in-iraq-and-syria/
On November 16 Rev. Majed El Shafie spoke to a luncheon gathering of the Endowment for Middle East Truth in Washington, D.C. about the suffering of religious minorities in the Middle East. You can watch his presentation here:
Our hearts are broken by what happened in Paris. At the same time, this savage event prompts us to reflect on what is happening at home and abroad. In Canada, that has meant a renewed attention to the flood of refugees fleeing Iraq & Syria. In order to help the genuine refugees who need our help, we must conduct the proper security screening to protect our own security.
- Read Rev. El Shafie's article.
- Write Prime Minister Trudeau & Immigration Minister McCallum to tell them not to rush the resettlement of refugees, do the proper security screening to protect Canadians and our ability to help.
- Be heard and write your Member of Parliament.
Earlier this year OFWI Founder & President Rev. Majed El Shafie sat down with TheRebel.media to discuss what is happening on the ground in Iraq and share more about the work OFWI is doing to rescue Yazidi sex slaves from ISIS. Watch it here:
Join us on August 3 at the Vic Johnston Community Centre from 1-4pm in Mississauga for One Free World International's conference:
Vulnerable Populations: ISIS, radicalization at home, and persecuted Muslim minorities abroad.
- Keynote address by the Hon. Jason Kenney, Minister of National Defence
- Remarks by prominent leaders from Canada's diverse Muslim community
- An address from Rev. Majed El Shafie, Founder of One Free World International
Speakers will discuss:
- The ISIS threat and the impact on Canadian communities
- Youth radicalization in Canada and efforts to combat it
- The persecution of Muslim minorities abroad
When: Monday, August 3, 2015 1:00-4:00pm
Where: Vic Johnston Community Centre Hazel McCallion Hall 335 Church St, Mississauga
The Hon. Minister Jason Kenney, PC, MP Minister of National Defence
Nur Hashim, Chairperson of Canadian Burmese Rohingya Organization
Mr. Arman Raster President, Turkistan Cultural Centre Uyghur Community
Ardeshir Zarezadeh Director& Legal Counsel The International Center for Human Rights in Canada
Ms. Salma Siddiqui Moslem Progressive Group
Nader John Mohammed Ismaili Community
Rev. Majed El Shafie President and Founder One Free World International
Ahsan Gardezi, Prsesident Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Mississauga Chapter.